While working with istio there are a few problems that can be encountered ranging from TLS configuration mistakes to routing rules not affecting traffic flow and a host of other issues.
Some of the common issies are documented below:
- Traffic Management Problems
- Security Problems
- Sidecar injection problems
- Configuration Validation problems
In addition to the common problems , the istio documentation provides a diagnostics tool page, which provides various command line tools and techniques for debugging your istio mesh.
The following are also some additional external links that can help in debugging.
- Istio Debugging
- Debugging Istio within the Department of Defense
- How to debug your Istio networking configuration
- What to do when your service mesh goes down in production