Testing Vendor Distributions in our Pipeline📜
The main thing to take into account is your cluster should have:
- Single stage for spinning up
- Single stage for spinning down
- Within each job you’re allowed whatever tools/resources needed just store them in the
- We provision a VPC and subnets inside a separate job, you can access this information via
- We expect you to export the
kubeconfigfile to connect to your cluster as a
Vendors can ignore the
smoke tests as they are run against a k3d cluster. All other stages are important for vendors to understand. We have also made the assumption that
terraform is the base tool that all vendors will use to deploy their clusters in our pipelines.
A working example for rke2 can be found here (Note this link is pinned to a specific commit to show you exactly where in the code it is being implemented, look at the code to get a gist then view
master branch to make sure nothing has changed).
You can find more information about specific jobs in each jobs specific README.md inside umbrella-templates